Why work with me?
What makes me able to talk about money?
I’ve spent 17 years working in the banking industry, after gaining a Business Management degree and a Masters in Business. In that time I’ve worked in many different areas of banking and have built up a wealth of financial knowledge from the inside.
During my corporate career I also gained huge experience in the “Why” of personal money management – “Why do we spend more than we earn?”, “Why do we place such signficance on brands and see spending as a measure of our worth?”
On a personal level, I’ve always been good at managing my money, and like any skill, I’ve practised and practised until I became really good at it. Now I’d like to share my learning with you.
Career in the world of banking
- Barclays Bank, Global Payment Acceptance, 2006 – 2014
- cahoot internet bank, Santander, 2005-2006
- Coventry Building Society, 2004-2005
- LaSer, Banque Nationale de Paris, 1999-2004
- Barclays Bank, Personal Banking, 1998-1999
- Barclaycard, 1997-1998
- Trained in coaching @ The Coach Training Institute, 2009-2010
- MBA Masters of Business Administration @ Warwick University, graduated 2009
- Postgraduate Diploma @ Chartered Institute of Marketing, graduated 2000
- Bachelor of Science degree in Business Management (1st Class) @ Bradford University Management Centre, graduated 1998
I am a professional mentor for Warwick University Business School, currently mentoring postgraduate MBA executives, having worked with the University since 2011.
I am a mother of two rather lively boys who definitely keep me on my toes